Friday 25 August 2023

Fruitful Academic Year 22/23

Introduction

Reflecting on the 2022-2023 academic year, it's been quite a fruitful year professionally. I achieved many accomplishments across teaching, technology, curriculum development, and supporting students and staff.

Teaching Innovations and Awards  

I introduced several teaching innovations this year. My visual trackers were highlighted in the college's final Ofsted published report as an example of good practice. I became the NatSpec Tech-ability champion, promoting assistive technology. I contributed to Teaching and Learning by delivering a CPD session on visual trackers. I developed an independent living skills curriculum utilising technology to build employability and independence. I delivered training to improve staff aptitude with assistive technology.

I was nominated for supporting a student through mental health struggles. I won a National Teaching Assistant Award to become a Twinkl Dyslexic Champion. I also won the college's Innovation Award, recognising my use of trackers, assistive technology, and inspiring learners to embrace technology.

Supporting Students

I supported students in several ways. I created a centralised digital resource of key documents accessible via QR codes. I built a website to promote neurodiversity awareness and improve literacy. I converted album lyrics to digital braille for a visually impaired student. I refined my independent living skills teaching strategy, improving student confidence and communication. I equipped a student with job fair resources, leading to employment. 

Curriculum Improvements

I made improvements to the curriculum as well. My research on mental models of money led to an improved curriculum. I developed a new work experience tracker expanding this autumn.

Supporting Staff 

I supported staff development too. I upskilled staff from another college on using tech for communication. I delivered training to improve staff aptitude with assistive technology.

Policies and Publications

Some of my work led to institutional changes. The college adopted my visual trackers into formal policy. One of my publications received its 100th citation - a milestone!

Looking Ahead

I accomplished all this as a result of working with outstanding colleagues, under the guidance of distinguished leadership and a perfect work environment. Excited to see what the 2023-2024 academic year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.