Thursday 9 July 2015

Awesome by August: Day two

Awesome by August: Day two
09/07/15

This morning I decided myself again and surprisingly I was bang on 79 kg which is 2 kg lighter than the previous evening’s weigh in.   I was either over-hydrated when I weighed in before or I was a little dyhydrated today.   This definitely highlights the point that you need to try to keep conditions that same during weigh ins i.e. first thing in the morning.    

Last Sunday I ran the full potteries marathon so any exercises that I do will hopefully NOT hinder the recovery.   I have consulted with a marathon runner and coach on the recovery.   In this recovery period you are more likely to damage yourself than any fitness benefits.  Also, a complete recovery of a marathon will take a minimum of 3 weeks so I not serious running for me for a while.  Instead I am going to focus on doing a bit of cross fit training such as swimming and exercise biking.   This exercise is purely for mental state rather than any physical fitness gains.

Breakfast
  • ½ bowl of muesli with skimmed milk

 Lunch
  • One of my classic meals: chicken breast with black beans and kale (see picture 1)


 Evening meal

  • Tesco finest Bean Salad














Snacks
  • Handful of almonds
  • Handful of Brazil nuts
  • whey protein shake
  • Can of pepsi max (I am hoping to completely phase drinks that contain aspartame ASAP)

 Exercise
  • 20 mins Kettle-bell exercises on the upper body
  • 30 mins of exercise bike set at a low resistance
  • 1.5 miles of a v. light jogging (marathon recovery)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.